Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blogging is a Contact Sport!



Hey Big Bad Corporation...your blog sucks! You think you know how to do everything but guess what you don't.
You're not on top of this social media stuff...this social media
hCheck Spellingype and it's killing you.
All the traditional methods of marketing that you knew to work are being challenged by something crazy called Twitter.
You've never been one to talk to your customers.
Guess What?! Your customers are already talking about you.

Here are 3 Ways to Improve Your Corporate Blog:

1. You need to be Committed to your Blog.
The people that buy your product want to know that you are there behind your blog listening to their comments.

2. You are not Engaging.
Your blog is supposed to be having a conversation with the reader and it's not.

3. You sound like a Corporation.
Main Street hates Wall Street. People want to be talking to another person rather than a machine. You must personalize your brand.

Let me give you one more reason. I was Tweeting like crazy about the Grammys.
And, I found myself in tons of back channel conversations.
By the thousands, people were tweeting about the artists and performances at the #grammys. It was fun!
The point is that people are talking. And, they are talking about everything. Which means they are talking about you.
They are talking about your brand. And, they are talking about their experience with your brand.
If you want to keep up, you better start listening and start engaging.


Oh and you can follow me on Twitter @MeeraManek
Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. i love your point! better get in the conversation, corporate america, because your customers are already having it. so true! do you tweet about customer service or retail frustrations? i always find myself turning to twitter when i have a strong opinion - good or bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a twitter topic for like everything... I bet corporations would have lots to say on #omgthatssotrue or #thatsaNoNo . lol!

    I wonder what Anheuser Busch or L'Oreal would say with those trending topics. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kim thanks for those trending topics. I checked them out and love the read. I can recommend these to @Lara too - good place to voice those strong opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Good point. I’ve also been known to take out my frustration on a FB status update and it’s so common. In fact, it’s so funny to me because you can do it in two words. Think about the times when you see a status that says “Metro Failed” :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meera---by far ur best blog! I love the beginning of ur post..it really caught my attention...As an obsessed tweeter too, you do find urself in back conversations so what you say matters..someone is probably reading it...corps do need to engage readers with their blogs..If you dont have a good blog, your not worthy of my time and i prob wont buy ur products either :-)

    ReplyDelete