Monday, February 22, 2010

Twitter...will you marry me?

I went to NYC with AU on a Marketing Trip to look at companies. The first night we met career consultant and author @lindseypollack who talked about how critical social media marketing has become in companies. She suggested we can use social media to reach out to companies for a job as well.

She gives an example. Students were going to visit the Good Morning America television set. She suggested that the students tweet about being there and mention @gma they'll most likely get a response. It was that moment I became obsessed with twitter. Being able to reach out to people who were once out of reach. Its so fun to get retweeted and and mention @MeeraManek



Now on the subject of Linkeden. I don't use it as much. I think I've completed 80% of my profile for awhile now. But, I'm to open to the experience because this is getting creative with the networking.

4 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you liked lindsey! if you can catch one of her linkedin webinars they are amazing. she is such a great resource so i hope we can keep her as part of the nyc trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you got a Twitter shout out! Also, I think I'm at the same point with my LinkedIn account...it's now critical for networking and I need to use it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing to hear how creative people are using social media outlets such as Twitter. It takes the angst out of networking when you can have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah--I loved @lindseypollack too! her information was great and I think I became obsessed with twitter after listening to her as well! haha--meera didn't we go back to the hotel and update my twitter page?

    I have def used social media as a form of networking and I find out about all the jobs I want through twitter. It has saved me time and I've found a lot more interesting jobs instead of the ones on companies websites.

    ReplyDelete